Steve Muehler - Plan 7 for California: Increasing the California Gas & Diesel Tax
As California moves towards the elimination of the Gas Combustion Engine on its roadways, and given we have eliminated the Corporate Taxes and the Personal Income Taxes, and are probably seeing a wave of people coming home to California, we might as well benefit at the State Level from those not yet entering into the world of electric vehicles.
Californians currently consume a whopping 58 MILLION GALLONS OF GASOLINE AND DIESEL EACH DAY, or approximately 21 Billion Gallons per year. The current Gas Tax in California is 50.5 cents per gallon, and I would suggest simply increasing this amount to a flat $1.00 USD per gallon, which results in about an additional $10 Billion USD in State Revenues.
NOTE: This blog is only for conservational ideas and I have ‘zero point zero’ percent interest in running for any political offices.
The Score so far on State Budget:
Plan One: Eliminate California State Income Tax
· Resulted in $90 Billion Deficit
Plan Two: Decriminalize Prostitution in California
· Resulted in $1 Billion in State Revenues
· Still have a $89 Billion Deficit, but we have no State Income Taxes and we have Decriminalized Prostitution in California.
Plan Three: California Mortgage Tax
· Resulted in $7 Billion in State Revenues
· Still have a $82 Budget Deficit.
Plan Four: California Real Estate Transfer Tax
· Resulted in $30 Billion in State Revenues
· Still have a $52 Billion Budget Deficit.
Plan Five: Ending the California Homelessness Epidemic
· Resulted in increased state spending, followed by State Budget Savings over many years. Total costs, I could not even come up with a guess, but would try to work within the current budget by utilizing current state land owned, governmental facilities, and current government programs. I am calling it “Even Steven”
· Still have a $52 Billion Budget Deficit – but we have a No Income Tax State, Prostitution is Legal, the Wealthy are Paying their Fair Share, and the streets are less cluttered with homeless.
Plan Six: Ending the State Corporate Income Tax:
· Resulted in a loss of approximately Eleven Billion USD in Annualized Tax Revenues.
· $63 Billion USD Deficit
Plan Seven: Increasing the Gasoline Tax.
· Resulting in an additional $10 Billion USD in Tax Revenues.
· $53 Billion USD Tax Deficit. But…… no State Income Taxes, no State Corporate Taxes, Homelessness is under control and we have legal Prostitution.
About Steve Muehler Portfolio of Companies (Steve Muehler Holdings, LLC):
Steve Muehler – Paralegal: www.SteveMuehlerParalegal.com
Steve Muehler – Investment Banking: www.SteveMuehlerSecurities.com
Steve Muehler – Annuities: www.SteveMuehlerAnnuities.com
Steve Muehler – Debt Capital Markets: www.SteveMuehlerDebtCapital.com
Steve Muehler – Equity Capital Markets: www.SteveMuehlerEquityCapital.com
Steve Muehler – Real Estate Loans: www.SteveMuehlerLoans.com
Steve Muehler – Insurance: www.SteveMuehlerInsurance.com
Steve Muehler – Commercial Insurance: www.SteveMuehlerCommercialInsurance.com
Steve Muehler – EquityLock Residential: www.EquityLockResidential.com
Steve Muehler – EquityLock Commercial: www.EquityLockCommercial.com
Steve Muehler – Bail Bonds / Immigration Bonds: www.SteveMuehlerBail.com
Additional Online Resources:
About Mr. Steve Muehler, Founder & Senior Managing Member:
Personal Site: http://www.SteveMuehler.com
Personal Site: www.StevenMuehler.com